Productivity and how to get better at it by getting laser focused, crystal clear!
We all know as entrepreneurs how easily it is at times to get distracted with all those things that can zap our time. Those shiny objects that pull you away from your main focus areas right? If that has or does happen to you, say “I”.
One of the biggest challenges as an entrepreneur, like me that we all face or have faced at some point is the ability to stay focused on what matters most. The things that are going to move the needle on your business agreed?
So what can you do to increase productivity and stay crystal clear on your main elements?
1. Clarify what 3 things you must focus on in your business
2. Check in with yourself every now and again periodically throughout the day and ask yourself this question “Is what I am currently doing moving the needle or towards moving the needle”? You need to be aware of what and how you are spending your time.
3. Work with an accountability partner, to help you stay focused and accountable to your productivity goals, weekly is a good start.
4. Write it down! The act of actually taking the time to write down what you want to accomplish each day will set the wheels in motion. The hard part is the follow through right, especially if you are easily distracted. In which case set yourself a specific amount of time in order to complete each task.
5. Look at your results, are you seeing the kind of results you want? If not time to step back, re-evaluate and create a different approach or new action. Results can take time, so be willing to dig deep, and keep digging it could be just a matter of time before you see the results you want.
Productivity= Focus + Action…Your goals should be daily, weekly, 30 days, 60 days, 90 days etc.
6. Block time, carve out specific time each day for learning and growing. Spend 30 mins reading or listening to something instructional, or inspirational. Tony Robbins reminds us that we can use net time to do this. Listen to cd’s as we are driving for example.
Bonus #7 Tip: Mindset start each day with the right kind of mindset, flush your mind of any negative influence and listen to those cd’s, read or watch something that will set you up with “can do” attitude each day.
Every 5 minutes wasted can cost you $20 and remembering that time is the most precious thing we all have. Thank you Darren Hardy, Author and Publisher of Success Magazine for reminding us of that!
To you and your productivity!
PS Feel free to go ahead and leave a comment below this post and if you liked it, share it!
PPS If you are looking for help staying on task to achieve your goals consider working with a coach