Leadership Point Of View

What leaders inspire you? Who are they and why do you admire them?

Where are we heading as a nation?

Watch this video below, and share your comments at the end of this post, I would love to see your leadership point of view.

What is it that makes a great leader? What qualities do they have that have you saying “now that’s what I call great leadership”!

What separates mediocre leadership from leadership in excellence?

Who do you consider a leader?… in your industry, in your organization?  Who has inspired you in life, in your career, in business, spiritually, financially, politically?

Are you a leader?

What do you think about this?…..

Is autocratic top down leadership dead? Are level 1 leaders loosing level 3 leaders in corporate America?

Is feedback unwelcome, creativity oppressed and talent lost?

At what cost?

Are people running scared for their life, their jobs and pointing fingers all around?

Is NOW the time to put Ego’s in back pockets and serve others first?

Is business growth no longer a priority because it’s who you know not what you can do?

Share your comments below and include the names of leaders you admire and why!

Here are just some of the many leaders I admire: Lady Diana, Mother Theresa, Ronald Regan, John Maxwell, Tony Robbins, Kevin Blanchard, Stephen Covey, and Brendon Burchard.

Leave your comments below and feel free to share who your role models are and why you think they are great leaders.

Comments

comments

, , , ,

7 Responses to Leadership Point Of View

1. Stephen February 6, 2012 at 10:56 pm #

Cool video Janet, I would concur with your list of leaders. You have a great group there. Sometimes we see leadership in small area also. Like when we see a child give a hug to someone who is hurting. I have many times been awestruck by the heart and passion for God that I have seen in mentally disabled people. I guess I’m thinking all of us are leading in some sort of way. Even tho we may not have the gravity of a national or global leader. Thanks for the inspiration! My best-Stephen

• Janet Mueller February 6, 2012 at 11:04 pm #

Awesonme Stephen, tell me about yours 🙂

• Stephen February 9, 2012 at 10:01 am #

Janet, who inspires me?

Well…….When the name Ronald Regan is mentioned it always brings a smile to my face. His witty comments that could disarm people. The way he could work with his opponents and get things done, in spite of their differences.

Another inspiration was my uncle Harold Dunn who founded a Bible School in Mexico. What a fun person to be around. he always had a story to tell ….as many great communicators do. He was constantly seeking out ideas that would be bigger than himself. All he had to do was walk in a room and it would light up.

The list definitely goes on …..and on…… -Stephen

• Janet Mueller February 9, 2012 at 2:35 pm #

Thanks for sharing more Stephen. It’s interesting how we remember those stories and the best communicators/leaders know how to tell them 🙂 don’t they? I’d love to hear your story sometime!
          Your Uncle sounds like a neat guy with a vision. Glad you have guidance and are inspired!

• Janet Mueller February 7, 2012 at 10:45 am #

Stephen, I appreciate your in depth comments. I agree, there are so many ways we can help and serve others. I don’t think you need to be a global leader to have impact and inspire others.

2. Jacob February 8, 2012 at 2:59 am #

Leadership is leading by example. Not just telling but actually doing it.