As a leader, you must have your own vision, not one borrowed from someone else. Not a carbon copy.
It has to be your own unique vision and one that you see clearly and feel at your core. I believe it’s a vision from God!
The vision comes with clarity, by seeing what it is that you aspire to achieve. Knowing who it is that you want to help. Maybe you want to change the world, feed hungry children in Africa, or give massive support to a worthy cause.
Many people began from humble homes, little education and no advantages but because they had a vision with clarity, a strong “Why” they achieved it.
Whatever your vision, you must own it.
I recall growing up in England and seeing in my mind in my early teens, one day traveling to the USA to start a life here. I could not tell you for a minute how I would make this possible, but I saw it very clearly in my mind and felt within that I would do it.
My vision today has many facets like a diamond and as a leader I see them very clearly and I am in action…
1) Give hope, belief and help others to find the courage to go after their dreams and flip their challenges into positives despite the odds. My own personal story will serve to give others hope, belief and courage to achieve their dreams.
2) Help women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer, find hope, encouragement and inspiration from the book I am writing where breast cancer survivors are sharing their stories of survival. My personal loss of my best friend inspired the book. My vision is to help masses of women around the world. Born is “A Champions Guide To Surviving Breast Cancer”, and will be available in time for summer 2012 Olympics, in memory of Judy Porter who died at age 33.
3) Help women who have been harmed through physical attacks by sharing belief, hope and encouragement from my own personal story. To reach and help masses of women around the world.
4) Teach entrepreneurs, network marketers, coaches, home based business owners understand how to grow their business, stay focused by becoming better leaders within so that they can achieve the results they want and live the lifestyle they desire.
5) Teach children in schools how to achieve their goals, dreams, and enhance their performance in sports through a combination of coaching mindset techniques and athletic coaching.
6) Book #2 frameworks in place I will share later….it will pay tribute, and honor others and give back to the community.
What vision do you have? Can you picture it, feel it?
Leadership, go big or go home!
“If you are going to do BIG things, you attract big men” – The Prime Minister Of France once said. In contrast, “if you do little things you will attract little men”. To do big things you need to enroll others, you cannot change the world single handed.
One of my favorite responses to questions such as “Why do you want to do that”? is “Why not”?
If you are like me, then you are a solution seeker, not a problem finder.
When you speak to a positive person they see the glass as half full and polar opposite to the negative thinker who sees the glass half empty.
Surround yourself with positive people who believe in you and your vision. Remember your vision is big enough when people laugh
Start with leadership inside out and get clear on your vision, what does it look like, feel like and how many lives can be changed as a result of it coming to fruition?
To your leadership success!
In the comments section below, leave me a comment and feel free to share your vision, I’d love to see them
PS: Share this post with anyone you think can benefit.