A great relationship has LOVE + PASSION!
Last evening, I was excited to listen and learn more from someone I consider a dear mentor, Tony Robbins and his beautiful wife Sage. They were generously sharing on live webcast what they feel it takes to have a happy relationship and for those who are single, what must you do to prepare yourself in advance for finding the love of your life and who knows maybe you think or feel that you have already found the love of your life, your soul mate, your MR or MRS Right!
Here are some words of wisdom from Tony Robbins and his lovely wife Sage.
For those of you who are single and who have the intention of being in a great relationship for the future, here are four strategies to help you on your way!
1) List – One of the first things to do if you are not in a relationship and you have the intention to be in one is to work on you first. Focus and work on being the healthiest and happiest person you can be.
2) FOCUS – Next focus on what you do want and not on what you don’t want. Make a list of all the attributes, characteristics, strengths etc of your ideal future partner. Who are they? What do they value? What do they care about? What do they look like? What interests do they have? How will they treat you? Be very specific and crystal clear about what you do want. You may already know exactly, but go ahead and write it down and make your list. Diamond clarity is extremely important. Knowing what you want in a potential partner.
3) Proximity – Relationships are possible when you are in proximity. You have to be around people to build a relationships. In person, out and about and or online etc. You won’t find Prince Charming unless you are in proximity.
“We are attracted to our opposite, because it exists in ourselves”
4) Chemistry– next there has to be chemistry. An attraction between the two of you. This could be physical, intellectual, emotional etc. As women we want to feel safe, seen, understood and heard by our partner. We want to feel a man’s presence. We want to feel that we can be crazy with our man and that he will weather our storm and love us anyway. We want him to be certain, to be able to make decisions and we love for him to be in his masculinity so we can feel more free to be in our femininity. Men don’t want to be criticized and controlled what he wants is love, and freedom.He wants to feel and be appreciated, admired and when all said and done there has to be a dance and intimacy. After-all It takes two to tango. The more a woman feels praised by her man the more she feels free to let her femininity grow.
For both men and women we need to delight, honor and celebrate each other for our differences and always choosing to try and see the best intent behind our partners behaviors and actions.
Advice for honoring the relationship and making it work
First you need to decide that your relationship comes first! Your relationship is #1 in life. The goal is to have a relationship with LOVE + PASSION and learn to make your moments matter! So what can you do to make it work or to improve the relationship?
1) State – If you or your loved one is in a crappy mood the first thing you need to do is change your state! Before trying to have those tough discussions. Go outside take a walk, take a shower, work out. Then come back and try to have discussions then when you are both feeling in a better frame of mind. Changing your state by literally physically working it out.
2) Daily Rituals – making time each day for each other is so important. Making time to hug it out, give each other a kiss and snuggle and just making time to be together in the moment.
3) Intimacy – Spice things up with humor, sensuality and seeing your partner through different eyes.
Wishing you and your loved one a very happy valentines day. May your day be blessed and full of LOVE. May you find the man or woman of your dreams and have a relationship full of love and passion.
What do you think it takes to have a great relationship?
Janet I Mueller is the CEO of J Mueller Group. She passionately serves and helps her clients and audiences to unlock and achieve their full potential through personal development and leadership growth, helping leaders to become excellent leaders through practice and philosophy of servant leadership. Janet is a mom, educator, executive coach, speaker and published author. Coming soon, her new book “The Blossoming – A Leader’s Guide 10 Keys To Unlocking Your Blooming Potential”. http://janetimueller.com